Betul ke ni?
PROPER WAY TO USE THE MEDICAL CARD
IN CASE OF EMERGENCY!!!
In cases of Emergency, a matter of LIFE & DEATH e.g.
3) Accidents etc.
NEVER use a medical card!
1. In the emergency room, you will be asked to register and make a 'Deposit'
BEFORE the patient is TREATED!
2. When you show the medical card, the doctor MUST complete the claim form and
fax to the insurance company BEFORE they can treat the patient. The hospital
MUST wait until the insurance company Confirms coverage & limit of policy.
3. ALL these procedures may take 1-2 HOURS!! By this time the patient may have
lapsed into a coma!!
4. Use your credit card or Cash FIRST. AFTER the patient has been treated &
attended by the doctor, then show the admission counter nurse the medical card.
She will then liaise with the insurance company directly for the approvals. She
will tear the earlier credit card deposit once the insurance company has
5. By now the patient would have been wheeled into the room to rest or to the
surgery room for immediate surgery. Sincerely we pray no one has to go through
such an ordeal.
Dari Blog Health Tips