adsense

04 September, 2007

Things People Said in Restaurants



Restaurant Anecdotes:

I am English and drink hot tea as opposed to coffee. My husband and I visited a fast food restaurant in America, and I asked a waitress if they had any hot tea.

  • Me: "Do you have hot tea?"
  • Her: "Well, it is not very warm...but...."
  • Me: "No I mean do you have hot water and a tea bag?"
  • Her: "Yes."
  • Me: "So you can make me hot tea."
  • Her: "Well I can put a cup of iced tea in the microwave for you."
  • Me: "No, just give me a cup of hot water and a tea bag, and I will make my own."
  • Her: "Do you want ice in the cup?"

Once when I went to McDonald's, I saw on the menu that you could have an order of 6, 9 or 12 Chicken McNuggets. I asked for a half dozen nuggets.

"We don't have half dozen nuggets," said the teenager at the counter.

"You don't?" I replied.

"We only have six, nine, or twelve," was the reply.

"So I can't order a half dozen nuggets, but I can order six?"

"That's right."

So I shook my head and ordered six McNuggets.


I overheard the following conversation at a Friendly's restaurant:

  • Girl: "Boy, I'm really parched."
  • Boy: "Yeah, I'm full too!"

A pizza-and-sub takeout recently opened near me. When I got the menu, I decided that I would try the hamburger sub that was listed, so I called.

  • Me: "I'd like to place an order for pickup."
  • Him: "Certainly, sir. What would you like to have?"
  • Me: "I'd like the hamburger sub, please."
  • Him: "Excuse me, the HAMburger sub?"
  • Me: "Yes."
  • Him: "I'm sorry, but we don't have HAMburger."
  • Me: "It's right here on the menu."
  • Him: "We don't have HAMburger."

This went on a few times, until finally I asked for a cheeseburger sub without the cheese. He was happy to sell me that.



READ MORE...

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin